Did you know January 12 is National Chicken Curry Day? Why not celebrate by making a batch from scratch? Just leave out the rice and you’ll have a high-protein, healthy meal.
- 4 chicken breasts chopped into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 head of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 cups o f chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
Brown chicken pieces in medium pot with butter. Remove chicken and add onion to pot and cook until soft. Add the remaining ingredients except for 1 cup of the chicken broth. Stir until combined then add chicken pieces and remaining brother. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Add the cornstarch to thicken sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro. You can serve with cauliflower “rice” if you’re observing a low carb or keto diet.